“Strategic Management and Leadership Styles: Paradigm Shifts”
Strategic Management and Leadership Styles are indelibly linked. There is a symbiotic relationship between the two since they are complimentary to each other. The concepts of strategic management are no more confined to the five forces model of Michael Porter while the world has witnessed divergent leadership styles in corporate governance, public policy, social enterprises and governments. The conference aims to identify the paradigm shifts in these crucial areas.Future Institute of Engineering & Management (FIEM), Future Business School (FBS), Future Media School (FMS) & Future School of Hospital Management (FSHM) find it contemporary and relevant to organize an international conference on Strategic Management and Leadership Styles:Paradigm Shifts, on 27th & 28th April, 2018 at FIEM Campus. The conference will start with a plenary session where eminent personalities from corporate and academia will participate. The plenary session followed by the research paper presentations by delegates. . The selected papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings as book chapters with ISBN accreditation.
Objectives of the Conference:
International Conference on Strategic Management and Leadership Styles: Paradigm Shifts aims at capturing the latest trends in these two disciplines and their interface. The focus of the conference is to capture the delicate expositions in current researches in general and sustainable management practices in particular.This conference endeavors to bring all academics, researchers, executives and students to share their ideas and research findings, discuss contemporary issues and challenges in the generic areas of Business Management, Hospital Management and Media Science.
Tracks and Themes:
TRACK 01 Business Management
TRACK 02 Media
- Marketing Management:Brand Positioning, Marketing Mix Strategy, Brand Valuation, Blue Ocean Strategy, Market Segmentation-A tool for optimizing Strategy, Pricing Strategy, Environmental Scanning, Media planning and Strategy, Creative Strategies, Retail Strategy, Market Leader’s Strategy, Market Challenger’s Strategy, Corporate Strategy, Generic Strategy, Market Penetration, Product Development, Market Development, Diversification.
- Human Resource Management:Talent Acquisition and Employee Retention, Training and Development Strategies, Organizational Restructuring, Recent Trends in HRM, Organizational Cynicism and Leadership Styles, Strategic Human Resource Management , Cross- Cultural issues in Leadership Management, Change in Leadership Style and Work Force Diversity, Leadership Style for Effective Strategic Management, Talent Acquisition and Employee Retention, Training and Development Strategies, Organizational Restructuring, Recent Trends in Human Resource Management, Organizational Politics.
- Accounts and Financial Management: Corporate Governance & Accountability, Insurance, Mutual Fund, Merger and Acquisition, Port Folio Management, Wealth management, Investment Management, Working Capital Management, Treasury Management, Capital Markets, Banking Risk Management, Management Accounting Control System, Business Valuation, Financial Derivatives, Economic Value Added, Infrastructure Finance, Behavioural Finance, GST Throughput Accounting, Strategic Cost Management
- IT & Systems Management: Big Data and Analytics, Data Mining, Cloud Computing Management Information System, Decision Support System, Enterprise Resource Planning, E-CRM and E-SCM, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Network Strategy, Image Processing Techniques, Pattern Recognition for Strategic Decision Making, Cryptography and Steganography for Data Security, Green Computing, E-Business, Business Intelligence Strategies, Computer Aided Management, Application of IT in Business Strategy Making, Data Communication and Networking Strategies.
TRACK 03 Healthcare Management
- Media as a tool for Strategic Change, Digital Media, Strategic Challenges in Media Industry, Leadership Style, Media Management, Broadcast management, Newspaper management, Challenges in the media industry, Shifting paradigms of leadership in the age of New Media, Changing patterns of leadership in Media, Crisis management in Media Industry.
TRACK 04 Economics and General Management
- Challenges in Healthcare Management, Technology and Excellence in Health Care, Occupational Health and Safety, People Management and Leadership Issues, Doctor- Patient Relationship, Growth Strategy in Health Care Industry, Leadership in Healthcare Industry and occupational Health, Patient Education and Engagement Strategy, Virtual health and care and Accessibility, Improving patient care and delivery, End of Life Care Management, Chronic Care Management, Managing Patient Perception, Electronic Medical Records- Its need & Future, Accountability Performance Improvement and Reliability, Sustainable design and healthcare, Technology Innovation and well being, Challenges Geriatic Care, Transformational Leadership in Leadership, Making Healthcare Affordable, Informative Management, Employee Satisfaction and Talent Retention.
- Business Ethics, Higher Education, Entrepreneurship, Public expenditure- economic growth- strategy building, The Role of Taxes in the Disconnect between Corporate Performance and Economic Growth- A Strategic perspective, Technology Adoption - Global Economies - Resulting Strategies, International Business and Emerging Markets: A Long-Run Perspective, Indian economy - financial turbulence- strategic policy making, Green Economics-sustainable development
- Note: This is an indicative list. Contribution from areas not listed above but related to the conference theme can also be considered.
Important Dates :
- Last date for submission of abstract : 18th Feb, 2018
- Last date for submission of full paper: 31st March, 20118
- Last date of registration:5th April, 2018
Author should follow the APA style for preparing the abstract and full paper
- Title: Times New Roman, 14 pt Font, Bold, Each word capitalised, Centered
- Author details : 12 pt. Times New Roman, Centered
- Body : 12 pt. Times New Roman, Justified
- Word limit : not exceeding 250
- Keywords : Maximum 5 nos in italics at the end of the abstract. Centered
For Full Paper:
- Full paper should not exceed 4000 words / 12 pages;
- The abstract in the paper should be as per the template;
- All text in Times New Roman, single spacing;
- Do not insert page numbers;
- Section headings are to be numbered sequentially, bold, upper case, 14 point, left justified;
- Secondary headings are to be numbered sequentially, bold, sentence case, 12 point, left justified and italicized;
- Normal text 12 point, fully justified;
- Figures, tables and charts are to be included within the body of the paper and numbered sequentially and centred, Table number in bold and table title in normal text, Centred
- Table title at the top of the table and figure caption below the figure;
- Symbol and equation should be centred and aligned;
- Use the equation editor of MS Word with standard settings. Equations should be cantered, and equation numbers should only appear to the right of the last line of the equation, in parentheses;
- References should be in APA style 6th edition. (The following link can be used for guidelines https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ and alphabetically sequenced.
- In-Text References (reference citations within the text) should be shown by giving the author's last name followed by a comma and year of publication all in round brackets, e.g. (Fox, 1994);
Registration Fees :
- Academicians and Research Scholars: Rs. 1,500/-
- Students: Rs. 750/-
- Corporate participants: Rs 2500/-
- Foreign Delegates: $100 USD
Mode of payment:
Through Demand Draft/NEFT/RTGS/ in favor of Future Business School (A/C No: 232010100083386), Payable at Kolkata.
Bank: Axis Bank Ltd, Branch: Garia, Kolkata
IFSC Code: UTIB0000232.Payment through PAYTM is also acceptable.
- Dr. Mousumi Ghosh, Founder Director - Team Future
- Mr. Silajit Ghosh, Chairman - Team Future
- Dr. Aloke Kumar Ghosh, Executive Director - Team Future
- Dr. Sibamay Dasgupta, Dean, Academics and Professor, Electrical Engineering, FIEM
- Conference Chair
- Prof. Santanu Ray, Director - Management Studies & Research, FIEM
- Conference Co - Chair
- Dr. Indranil Mukherjee, HOD - Management, MAKAUT
- Organizing Secretary:
- Prof. Prasanta Guha
- Conference Conveners:
- Dr. Anirban Majumdar, Dr. Bidisha Banerjee, and Prof. Biswajit Roy.
- Dr. Anirban Majumdar: +91-8900502713 / 7407727319
- Dr. Bidisha Banerjee: +91-9831281939
- Prof. Biswajit Roy: +91-9883015054/ 8777748587
- Prof. Prasanta Guha: +91-9239225767